2. DATA COLLECTED
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect typically consists of or includes, but is not limited to:
- Your full name
- Phone number(s)
- Email address
- A unique subscriber ID
- Birth date
- Demographic data
This information is required when you (a) participate in or register to be part of a Foundation program, (b) register to receive or apply for services, grants or scholarships, (c) fill out a form on the Website or create a user account, (d) submit an application, or (e) otherwise similarly interact with the Foundation.
In limited circumstances in connection with Foundation events, awards or grant applications, we may also collect:
- W9 related information, including social security numbers,
- Bank account information, or
- Other financial information necessary to process a grant.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
When you visit and interact with the Website, we may collect information that does not inherently reveal your specific identity. The Foundation uses this information to understand better how visitors use the Website, research our visitors’ demographics, interests, and behavior, and provide visitors with customized services and information. The Foundation also uses the information collected to assess and improve our program, improve our promotional and outreach efforts, and for other similar purposes. Examples of this data collected include:
Cookies: Like many other websites, the Foundation may employ cookies to recognize you and your access privileges on certain sites as well as to track site usage. Cookies allow the Foundations’ server to recognize you when you visit the website in the future. You may be able to configure your Web browser to notify you when a website is attempting to send you a cookie or configure your Web browser to not accept cookies but, if you do so, some of the functionality of the website may no longer be available to you. Generally, we will not allow third parties to place any cookies, web beacons, or other similar devices on the Foundation Site. The Foundation is not responsible for any other websites accessible from or linked to this website, including their privacy policies or information collection practices.
IP Addresses: Your IP address is the unique identifier of your computer on the Internet. The Foundation logs IP addresses primarily for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. The Foundation may also use IP addresses to better understand how visitors travel to, through, and from this website to help improve website structure, flow, and content, among other purposes.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Receiving, processing and evaluating grant and scholarship submissions for funding awards;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages you view;
- Providing you tailored content and communications on topics and developments we believe will be of interest you, including program related activities, including text messages if you have opted in to receiving SMS communications
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs (including performing data analytics and accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- Coordinating event activities; and
For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH OTHERS
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Those involved with a grant evaluation, review or analysis;
- Other network partners in order to provide you information on additional related programmatic opportunities;
- Other organizations we work with to provide services, research, products or programs;
- Third-party service providers (for example, website hosting and operational services or a software management company to assist in collecting information for scholarship or grant consideration) who are only authorized to use your data as directed and necessary to perform services on our behalf; and
Other than the examples noted above, or when we have your permission, we do not release personal information about you as an individual to third parties.